Browse and buy interesting and relevant books relating to Malaysia and Kuala LumpurRead More...
Find out the requirements for permanent residency and citizenship in Malaysia...
Anyone granted permanent residence status in Malaysia is issued with an Entry Permit and Identification Card (MyPR). Permanent residence status entitles the individual to:
- Reside in Malaysia for as long as they wish
- Work and do business in the country
- Buy property anywhere in Malaysia
- Be exempt from any visa or immigration requirements
Eligibility requirements for Permanent Residence Status applicants:
- High net worth individuals, who have a minimum of US$ 2 million Fixed Deposit in a Malaysian bank. This should remain in the bank for a period of five years. The individual and their spouse and children may seek permanent resident status after five years' stay in Malaysia. Applications should be submitted to the Immigration Department
- Highly talented and highly skilled individuals, who are considered "world class" by any international organisation and who are recommended by an organisation. To apply for permanent residency in this category, applicants must submit a Good Conduct report from their home country that should be submitted with their application to the Immigration Department
- Professionals, who are considered to have outstanding skills may apply for permanent residency. Applicants must be recommended by a relevant agency in Malaysia and submit a Good Conduct report from their home country. Applications should be submitted to the Immigration Department
- Spouse of a Malaysian Citizen may apply for permanent residency if married to a Malaysian citizen for a minimum period of five years. The spouse must also have stayed in Malaysia for five years. The applicant should already have a Long Term Visit Pass and have one Malaysian sponsor. Applications should be made to the Immigration Department
- The Points Based System is another way of applying for permanent residency. The minimum number of points required to apply for permanent residence status is 65 points out of 120. Applicants are also required to have one Malaysian sponsor and submit a Good Conduct report from their home country. Applications should be made to the Immigration Department
- For more information about applying for permanent residency: Click here
It is possible to get Malaysian citizenship by registration or naturalisation. Registration is for anyone who is a citizen of Malaysia by right but needs to be registered. Naturalisation is for anyone who wants to become a Malaysian citizen and who must abide by the requirements and conditions set out by the Federal Government of Malaysia. Dual citizenship is not allowed in Malaysia.
To become a Malaysian citizen, the applicant must have an adequate knowledge of the Malay language and have lived in Malaysia for ten of the past twelve years, including the year prior to naturalisation.
- For more information about getting Malaysian citizenship: Click here
Become a Member
Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.Read More...