Termination of Pregnancy/Abortion in Malaysia
Information about Malaysia's abortion laws as well as details on family planning and contraception...
Abortion is legal in Malaysia in the following situations only:
- When a woman's life is in danger
- When a woman's physical health is in danger
- When a woman's mental health is in danger
Furthermore, a woman must consent to an abortion, and she must have a medical professional's authorisation.
The legal period within which an abortion can take place is 120 days.
- For further information from the Federation of Reproductive Health Associations, Malaysia (FRHAM): Click here
Condoms, contraceptive pills and the morning-after pill are widely available. Condoms can be purchased in most pharmacies and supermarkets. The pill, including the morning-after pill, can be obtained from pharmacies without a prescription for women over the age of 18. A consultation with a gynaecologist/obstetrician is required for any other form of contraception.
Family Planning Centres in Malaysia
- Just browse through the various Categories and Sub-Categories until you find what you want, or try out the powerful search facility.
Discussed on 28/11/2013 at 19:31
Discussed on 22/11/2013 at 15:05
New topic on 08/11/2013 at 06:34